My name is Vera Basilone. For more than five years I have maintained ParrisIsland.com by writing, editing and answering questions about the Marine Corps Recruit Depot.
On this site you will find information in three key areas:
1. Information about USMC Recruit Graduations.
2. Information about Parris Island for military retirees or prior military who want to visit the Depot.
3. Information about the base and surrounding area for active duty military and their dependents.
I have lived in Beaufort with my family, just a few miles from Parris Island since 1994 and I worked at the Depot for 9.5 years until my position moved to another location. My husband, GySgt Michael Basilone, retired from the Marine Corps after 20 years of service. We’ve been married for over 35 years which gives me plenty of experience as a military dependent.
With my knowledge, I can recommend places to visit and things to see while you are here as well as provide you with valuable information about boot camp.
Although this web site contains graduation dates and other helpful information, it is not the official Marine Corps Recruit Depot web page.
If you are visiting Parris Island for a graduation, click on the Graduation Dates tab. There you will find a list of the graduation dates for this year and required documents to allow you to get onto the base. Click the Family Day Events tab If you would like to see the Family Day Schedule.
When you’re hungry, check out the Restaurants tab, a listing of local places we like to eat. Sign up for the free Restaurant Guide and see my picks for the top 10 casual places to eat. If you are looking for a hotel, check the Places to Stay tab for some ideas. Also, check out the Things to Do tab for Beaufort activities.
Don’t make this a one-time visit; sign up for the free mini guide, and I’ll send you weekly e-mails (6 total), with tips and resources to help you make the most of your visit to Parris Island!
Latest posts by Vera Basilone (see all)
- PI058: Family Doubt? Not an Issue… - May 9, 2017
- PI057: What Is It Like To Experience Marine Corps Recruit Training? - April 12, 2017
- Marine Corps Battle Color Detachment Performing On Parris Island - March 9, 2017